- Introduction to Data
- Track your video performance
- Make API requests
- Setup alerts
- Make your data actionable with metadata
- Track autoplaying videos
- Extend Data with custom metadata
- Track CDN for request metrics
- See how many people are watching
- Build a custom integration
- Understand metric definitions
- Export raw video view data
- Ensure privacy compliance
- Mux Data FAQs
Understand metric definitions
Understand the 5 playback metrics Mux uses to measure quality of experience.
Mux has five top level metrics to measure quality of experience. Detailed definitions and formulas can be found on these metric guide pages:
These metrics are available in the Mux Data Dashboard and via the Mux Data API. They can be used by your team to optimize the viewing experience for your end users.
This is what the metrics look like on the Mux Data Dashboard:
In order to get the most value out of the metrics measured by Mux, make sure your data is actionable by providing valuable metadata for each view. Use this in conjunction with filters to segment data metrics.